What it is: A multi-layered cookie-like bar full of sweetness and magic!
What You Need:
- 1 ½ Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Can Sweet Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/3 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts
What to Do:
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a large cake size pan with non-stick spray
2) Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together, and press firmly into the bottom of the pan
3) Pour the can of condensed milk directly and evenly over the graham cracker base
4) Layer the chocolate chips evenly over the condensed milk layer
5) Layer the nuts over evenly over the chocolate chips
6) Top it off by sprinkling the coconut flakes over the entire pan
7) Bake for about 25 minutes (or until golden brown)
8) Allow them to cool, and cut into squares
9) Eat and Enjoy!
Food Critic’s Review:
These cookie bars were good, but not my favorite cookie bar ever. I appreciated the flavor of them, especially the bunches of chocolate chips that I found in every bite; but in the end, I found them to be a little too sweet for my taste. These are definitely the kind of bar that you really have to watch the portions on, because one bite too many and you might experience a little bit of sweetness overload! Maybe substituting bittersweet or darker chocolate would help cut the sweetness a little bit. Overall, these bars are tasty, but if you don’t have much of a sweet tooth, you may want to avoid these.